A sustainable approach
From due diligence to exit, MCP’s approach is to invest responsibly, in line with the Principles for Responsible Investment, promoted by the United Nations, signed in 2015. In our view, building a long-term sustainable business, creates superior returns for shareholders and value for all stakeholders.
In detail, MCP is committed to:
- Integrate ESG issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes;
- Be active shareholders and incorporate ESG issues into ownership policies and practices;
- Seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest;
- Promote the acceptance and implementation of the Principles within the investment industry;
- Work together to enhance effectiveness in implementing the Principles;
- Communicate the activities and progress towards implementing the Principles.
Integrating ESG factors in the investment process
Before each investment, MCP makes, with the support of external experts, a preliminary analysis of ESG variables in order to identify the main criticalities/opportunities, and an Action Plan that mitigates the negative externalities and amplifies the positive ones.
After the acquisition, the company is required to participate in an in-depth analysis of the ESG issues previously identified, in order to better qualify the Action Plan and establish the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) that are periodically monitored.
During the holding period, MCP systematically interacts with the portfolio company at all levels – from board meetings to meetings with the heads of deliverables – to check the progress of the Action Plan and analyse the KPIs trend. LPs are regularly updated on ESG progress through accurate reporting, consistent with market standards.
At the exit of the investment, the MCP Team presents to its investors the ESG results achieved during the holding period.
Signatory to the United Nations Principles for Responsible Investment